Depression and Suicide
Depression can exacerbate negativity bias, which led a team of researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) to investigate
WHO calls for coordinated action to reduce suicides worldwide
Can military suicide be avoided with a better transition into civilian life? In my 60s style dress and black leather boots, I dropped to the ground and pumped out 22 push-ups for to earn a black ring from Andy Nguyen. Why? A veteran himself, Nguyen understands why 22 US veterans a day are dying by suicide.
"The study also showed that women had a lower injury-related death rate than men. Blacks and Hispanics had a lower rate of car fatalities and suicides, and a higher rate of homicides than whites."
Researchers found deaths caused by accidental poisoning and falls increased by 128% and 71%, respectively.
An article about influence of the mind, manipulation, mobbing, hate and rejection being linked to suicides, and using influence of the mind and manipulation to push targeted victims to suicide.
Killing by influence on the mind 227. Repealed, 1999, c. 5, s. 9
A video that first shows Anti-Gay Rhetoric linked to hate and rejection followed by a video that shows IT GETS BETTER participants discuss how they felt and suicide.
Certain cases of major depression are associated with premature aging of immune cells, which may make people more susceptible to other serious illness, according to findings from a new UCSF-led study.
Job burnout, medical errors, and possibly the fear of making an error can lead surgeons to contemplate suicide at higher rates than the general public, the study suggests.
- 8,000 surgeons participated in the study.
- Close to 6% reported recent suicidal thoughts -- only about 3% of the general population has suicidal thoughts.
Overall, surgeons in the study worked 60 hours per week on average. 40% felt burned out, and 30% had symptoms of depression.
Most said their work left little time for personal and family life, yet few who worked less than 40 hours a week had suicidal thoughts.
- There were twice as many self-inflicted deaths last year than the year before among the Army National Guard and Reserve, the nation's "citizen soldiers."
- The big increase in suicides for members of the Guard and Reserve involved soldiers who were not on active duty at the time.
- The number of active duty suicides declined in all services except for the Air Force last year.
40 percent of husbands whose wives have breast cancer get depression.
Similar to Light Therapy compact fluorescent full spectrum lighting in your garden or flower room may have health benefits or help prevent depression.
(Healthy Light -> Healthy People <- Healthy Plants)
"Grow flowers and herbs indoors year round! Most indoor lighting is yellow orange, the narrowest part of the light spectrum. Full spectrum lighting contains all colors of the rainbow and is balanced like natural daylight, making them excellent for indoor gardening where the suns natural light is not available. Full spectrum ensures proper development and maximum growth! It's all about the light!"
depression and suicide prevention
- In the month of June 32 suicides, more than 1 per day.
- Multiple combat tours, bad economy, and family troubles help create incredible stress on today's soldiers.
Suicide Factors Depression and Suicide Prevention
Researchers found that among more than 12,700 U.S. infants born between 1997 and 2004, those whose mothers used bupropion during early pregnancy had more than double the risk of heart defects known as left outflow tract defects, compared with infants whose mothers had not used the drug.
- Some studies have already linked other antidepressants to higher-than-average risks of certain birth defects.
- Psychotherapy may be an effective alternative to antidepressants for pregnant women with mild to moderate depression.