U.S. new rules allow claim if VA doctor confirms symptoms and experience support a PTSD diagnosis - Reuters (article link)
- Parent Category: News
02 Sep 2010
- Published: 02 September 2010
- The veteran had to associate a specific experience with symptoms -- something many complained was impossible to do.
- Studies confirm Gulf War vets suffer disproportionately from PTSD and other psychiatric illnesses.
- VA estimates that more than 400,000 vets are currently receiving PTSD compensation.
- Research estimated about 18.5% of the U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Afghanistan show signs of either PTSD or depression.
U.S. makes it easier for veterans to claim stress
(Reuters) - The U.S. Veterans Affairs department published new rules on Monday meant to make it easier for veterans seeking treatment and financial support for post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD.