PTSD may be especially worrisome in kids because it can interfere with their normal development - Reuters (article link)
- Parent Category: News
02 Sep 2010
- Published: 02 September 2010
- At their 3-month check-up, 19 of the 358 kids were diagnosed with PTSD.
- Severe bites were most at risk for the disorder - 10 out of 38 with PTSD.
- The care the kid gets after an injury can play a role whether a kid gets PTSD.
- "certainly speaks to the need to attend to the psychological impact of these kids of injuries."
Dog bites can leave kids with emotional scars too
(Reuters Health) - When animals attack, some kids might develop post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.