High blood pressure: The Slient Killer - NBC (video)
- Parent Category: News
15 Oct 2010
- Published: 15 October 2010
Many people don't realize they have high blood pressure until it's too late. WCAU's Dr. Alison Brucker reports.
- A leading cause of stroke, heart attack, and kidney failure.
- Most people don't feel high blood pressure until it is very high or starts to cause bad complications.
- SYSTOLIC pressure: the pressure in the arties when the heart beats and fills them with blood.
- DIASTOLIC pressure: the pressure in the arties when the heart rests between beats.